Facial WastingFacial Wasting

30 yrs poz on atripla - what now?

hi, what is the best regiment for me so a to decrease my lipoatrophy? i'd like to not continue the fat loss i've had over the years. thanks.

One of the best regimens available to prevent progression of facial lipoatrophy is Atripla, so you are on it now. Another possibility is to use the combination of Truvada and Isentress.

Medications are most closely tied in with development of lipoatrophy are Zerit (d4T, stavudine), AZT (zidovudine, Retrovir, Combivir, Trizivir), and Videx (ddI, didanosine). So avoiding these medications would be best.

Also, protease inhibitor based regimens seem to have less risk of producing lipoatrophy, but are more likely to produce high cholesterol and triglyceride levels as well as lipohypertrophy.

I hope that this information helps and best of luck to you!

Need help on meds
losing muscle mass on Trizivir