Facial WastingFacial Wasting

PMMA permanant fillers

I know there are many different types of filler for facial lipoathrophy. Is PMMA the only permanant filler? If not, what are the others? Also, I know there are different PMMA fillers. Are there studies or anecdotal information as to which PMMA filler (e.g. ArteFill) is best. Thanks.

PMMA is not the only permanent filler. Silicone is also a permanent filler and has been used for facial lipoatrophy.

Artefill is the PMMA product that has been approved in the United States. However, it is temporarily unavailable because of the bankruptcy of the parent company (Artes) that produced it.

New Plastic is the PMMA that has been approved in Brazil and is used in Mexico as well. There are some studies in the literature that have compared Artefill to the Brazilian PMMA products. These studies have suggested that Artefill has greater consistency of the microsphere size and better overall quality. However, the products available south of the border are dramatically less expensive, which is why so many people travel for this treatment.

HIV Prevention
re:Dr.Bob!!!!!!!Help me!...am going crazy!!!!!