Dec 14, 2008
Hello doc, I'm asking you because I've interacted with you online before and you always give to me straight. My VL is undectable and count is 1300. I want gastric bypass. Is it safe with HIV? Thanks
Response from Dr. Pierone
There is no reason why patients with well-controlled HIV infection would not benefit from gastric bypass surgery. I recently had a patient have this procedure without problems and there are scattered case reports in the literature as well.
Whatever you decide to do, good luck!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Being Fingered?
- Does Gardasil Work If Already Have Hpv?
- How Does Thrush Spread To Other People?
- How Long Does The Hepatitis A Vaccine Work?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.