Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Durability of Radiesse

You have previously mentioned that Radiesse is not as durable as Sculptra. I have heard that Radiesse lasts about 9-12 months. What are your observations on time durability using Radiesse ? Also, could you recommend a doctor that uses Radiesse in Boston? Thanks, Tim

Hello and thanks for posting.

I think that 12 months is a good ballpark figure for the durability of Radiesse. However, there is quite a bit of variation from person to person and on occasion it may last as little as 6 months and I have seen benefit persist past 2 years. The product does not simply disappear at some set time point, but instead seems to gradually reabsorb.

This 12 month estimate is for a first treatment. There does seem to be some intrinsic collagen stimulated by Radiesse. Hence, with retreatment the volumes necessary to achieve the same degree of correction tend to be less.

I don't have a specific recommendation, but the company has a web site that list providers according to zip code. This serves as a starting point since not all of those listed may participate in the patient assistance program and fees are quite variable.

I hope this information helps and best of luck!

Info on Sculptra patient assistance program
Lypolysis