Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Radiesse vs. Silicone

I have a moderate case of facial lipoatrophy, and I'm at the point where I really want to try a facial filler. I'm leaning toward Radiesse, but my dermatologist has also suggested injections of micro-droplet silicone. These treatments are more expensive than Radiesse and administered over a much longer time period, but offer a permanent solution. I'm wary since this is a new technique and I haven't heard much about it. Plus there may be complications. Have there been enough studies done yet on silicone treatments?Would you recommend starting out with Radiesse for the first time? Thanks.

Hello and thanks for posting.

There are a limited number of doctors with experience in micro-droplet silicone injection. In expert hands, this option leads to excellent and durable results. Since it is a permanent product, it is not very forgiving of misplaced injections.

For someone who has never had a filler injection, Radiesse is a good place to start. The results are immediate and even if the injections are not placed perfectly, things can be improved with subsequent treatments. The downside is that the product is not as durable and touch-ups will be necessary.

I hope this information helps and best of luck!

facial wasting from d4T (Zerit)
Liposuction risks