Facial WastingFacial Wasting

HIPS AND NO HIPS?

I have currently had 5 Sculptra treatments...and probably 5 or so to go...happy with that...BUT, what to do about the hips (or lack thereof)???? Are there treatments? My butt is just as bad as the pictures that one sees!! Thanks for any light that can shine on my problem.

The options for buttock atrophy are limited. Traditional silicone buttock implants may produce a good result, but may also produce a not so good result with discomfort, and a suboptimal aesthetic outcome. The cost of $15,000 and upwards is also a significant disincentive to have this procedure.

PMMA (poly methyl methacrylate) is a permanent filler that does seem to work well for buttock atrophy treatment. This agent may be used for large volume filling that is needed for correction of the significant loss of volume in this area. PMMA is injected into the muscle of the buttocks and also the subcutaneous tissue. This agent is not available in the U.S. so patients may travel to have treatments performed in Mexico or Brazil.

I visited Dr. Luis Casavantes in Tijuana and he is quite skilled and an expert in the use of PMMA for buttock reconstruction. This is a link to his web site. The cost of this treatment depends on the volume needed, but is often in the $5000 range.

I hope that this information helps and best of luck to you!

Do I have facial lipo?
finding a GOOD Dr for Facial wasting in the bay area