The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Facial WastingFacial Wasting
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Radiesse or Sculptra costs for low income folks?

Oct 7, 2008


I am more and more interested in this treatment. My face isn't a worse case scenario by far but I'm getting back out there and dating after a 7 year break and well, I wanna look good, as good as I can look. My body is fab as I work out and have an excellent diet and supplement with herbs and vitamins but my face. My face needs a little TLC I think. So are there reputable doctors that offer treatment discounts to those of us on fixed or low incomes?? I live in Redwood City, CA but I'm willing to travel to S.F. if I need to. I don't drive either so location is pretty important.

Thanks so much

Richard in RWC

Response from Dr. Pierone

Hello and thanks for posting. I asked Dr. Douglas Mest at Blue Pacific in Los Angeles (web link) your question. Dr. Mest was one of the primary investigators in the work that led to approval of Sculptra in the United States. He mentioned two names in San Francisco Dr. Marcus Conant and Dr. Michael Echavez. Dr. Marcus Conant has been actively involved in HIV medicine since the beginning and here is a link to his web site.

Dr. Michael Echavez is a plastic surgeon and is involved in some of the clinicial trials of HIV lipoatrophy. Here is a link to his web site.

Good luck!

Lost weight on right side of face
facial wasting therapy in Dubai

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint