Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Lost weight on right side of face

Hi Dr. Sorry for posting here but I cant get an answer or find one any where? I have been having this problem since may of 2007 maybe further back but I never noticed it until then when it was pointed out to my attention. anyway, the right side of my face cheek and a little around front of face is lost weight, just the right side not the left at all. I notice it alot now since it was pointed out to me, others say they dont see it hardly at all, maybe a little. I recently went to a Dentist and he put me on Antibiotics, he said I had a chronic infection in 4 teeth at the roots. I also had bad tooth on left side. So I am wondering if this infection I have had for a few years reduce my muscle mass on my face. I also only eat once a day any more, too busy. Also, I was having BMS on my tongue, but it slowly went away after the meds and having the 2 teeth removed on the right side. I got 2 more uppers to go :( I was tested for hiv 3 months and 24 days after last exposure and it came up negative. So I cant figure what this is. I have lost but maybe 10 pounds max in 1.5 yrs.so the rest of me looks the same. Thanks for any comments you may have. I think all you Dr's on here a doing a fantastic work for humanity.

Although you do not have HIV infection and this forum deals with HIV related facial lipoatrophy, I think that your post brings up an important issue.

Facial appearance and symmetry is dependant upon underlying dental health and structure. If you have ever seen someone remove their dentures and instantly add 10 years to their face, then you know what I am talking about.

It sounds like you have lost some teeth on the right side of your face and this may be the most logical explanation for the loss of volume.

I hope this information helps and best of luck!

What is dermaplasty?
Radiesse or Sculptra costs for low income folks?