Facial fat loss due to serostim
Sep 30, 2008
I've been on serostim for about a year now on and off. It help with reducing my belly drasticlly plus helped me gain back weight that I lost. The negative effect is that it removed fat from my face. My question is: If I stop the serostim will the fat in my face be restored?
Response from Dr. Pierone
Serostim is a form of human growth hormone and leads to a reduction in body fat and an increase in muscle mass, especially when combined with an exercise program.
But when this medication is discontinued, the changes reverse back towards baseline. So the expectation would be that your face should improve.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Licking Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Does Doxycycline Treat Both Chlamydia And Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.