Facial fat loss due to serostim
Sep 30, 2008
I've been on serostim for about a year now on and off. It help with reducing my belly drasticlly plus helped me gain back weight that I lost. The negative effect is that it removed fat from my face. My question is: If I stop the serostim will the fat in my face be restored?
Response from Dr. Pierone
Serostim is a form of human growth hormone and leads to a reduction in body fat and an increase in muscle mass, especially when combined with an exercise program.
But when this medication is discontinued, the changes reverse back towards baseline. So the expectation would be that your face should improve.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can A Vaginal Cyst Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.