Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Sculptra facial nodules

I think it is much more common from what I read on this site and others that nodules from Sculptra are a common side effect. I had very good result but also had to have several treatments just to surround and disguise the nodules. My doctor said he was recently informed that the nodules are less likely to occur if you massage the area which I also tried but that is painful and frankly I forget to massage. It is something that will go away, as the temporary collagen development, but we need a filler that has less side effects. Uneven facial filling is better than none I guess! I did go to a Cosmetic Surgeon who does many fillings but as he said it is a risk and you need to consider for yourself whether the risks outweigh the benefits. I wish we were not such a beauty obsessed and self critical society. Thanks for listening.

The risk of nodules from Sculptra is relatively low, but does depend to some extent on the experience of the doctor doing the injections.

Massage does lessen the risk of nodule formation. We recommend 5 minutes of massage 5 times daily for 5 days after a Sculptra injection. There are no data supporting this particular schedule of massage, but it seems reasonable and is easy to remember.

There are risks with any treatment, but in the real world, the great majority of patients benefit from Sculptra (and the other facial fillers) for the management of facial lipoatrophy.

Thanks for posting and best of luck!

Unexplained sweats, wasting and lipoatrophy
My chances of reshaping my body with hiv?