Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014
   
Ask the Experts About

Facial WastingFacial Wasting
           
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


Dr. Casavantes Clinic in Tijuana
Sep 7, 2008

I am planning a trip to see Dr. Casavantes in Mexico and my concern is the deposit required must be only in cash, travelers check, or bank check. This seems really risky to me, do you have any info that can reassure me that when I get there there will actually be a clinic and that my money won't have disappeared? thanks.

Response from Dr. Pierone

I understand your caution.

I did visit Dr. Casavantes in Tijuana and he is an excellent doctor. He does great work with PMMA and I would have no hesitation having him work on a member of my family. We discussed finances a bit and he said that the reason they have patients pre-pay is that otherwise someone could get treated, fly back home to their own country, stop payment on a check, and they would have no recourse.

I hope that this information helps and good luck!

Response from Dr. Pierone

Many of the patients treated by Dr. Casavantes come from outside Mexico, so I obtained some clarification of the financial policies of their clinic:

Only when patients want to use a credit or debit card, we require that the deposit is done 24 hours in advance, and if they don't make it to the clinic, they get a refund of 96% (The bank keeps the other 4%).

We definitely accept cash, cashier's checks or traveler's checks on the day of the procedure and never before.



Previous
LIPO AND COMBIVIR
Next
Can face filler be injected over/above cheek implants?

  
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS


 
Advertisement



Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint

Advertisement