|Face and cheek look not normal
Aug 11, 2008
To Whom It May Concern,
My friend has HIV diagnosed since 1993. His cheek look not normal, as if no "fat tissues on his cheek". He want to know how to get his cheek get normal, what name of medicine, or ointment, or what??
thank you for your time
| Response from Dr. Pierone
It sounds like your friend has HIV-related lipoatrophy which is most commonly characterized by mid-face fat loss.
There are two strategies for this problem and they are not mutually exclusive. First, be sure that the HIV regimen does not contain AZT (zidovudine), d4T (stavudine), or ddI (didanosine). Second, consider treatment with facial fillers such as Radiesse and Sculptra.
I hope this information helps and best of luck!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- HIVpain In Penis After Touching Dried Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.