Aug 10, 2008
If i take prednisone )20mg) and work out will my muscles build up and will i gain weight? I have lipoatropy in face arms and legs as bad as any "after" picture
Response from Dr. Pierone
Hello and thanks for posting.
Prednisone is a corticosteroid, an anti-inflammatory agent. Anabolic steroids (examples being nandrolone or Oxandrin) are the muscle building steroids. The management of your problem involves a careful review of your medications to see if any are contributing and perhaps treatment with testosterone or an anabolic steroid depending on your overall situation.
I hope this information helps and best of luck!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is A Good Viral Load And T-cell Count For Someone With Hiv?
- Will Syphilis Recur If You Already Have It?
- Which Is Worse Herpes Or Genital Warts?
- When Should You Get Tested For Chlamydia Again After Treatment?
- What Kind Of Antibiotics Can You Use To Treat Shingles?
- What Is The Difference Between Herpes And Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.