Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sculptra and Bio-Alcamd
Jul 25, 2008

Hi Dr. Pierone, I am in Canada, I had a small amount of Bio-Alcamd put in under my eye area a couple of years ago. It is holding up well. I have however lost weight and more seems to have come off my face than my middle. I was wondering if it is possible to put Sculptra in another area of my face? It is in a different area than the Bio-Alcamid. Dose this set off any alarm bells,

thanks, W.

Response from Dr. Pierone

It is possible to use multiple facial fillers for treatment of facial lipoatrophy. I frequently combine Radiesse and Sculptra treatments and the results have been excellent.

The only concern with combining other fillers with Bio-Alcamid would be the potential to introduce an infection into the Bio-Alcamid implant. This occurs rarely, but it seems prudent to avoid layering another filler into the vicinity of Bio-Alcamid. In your situation, I would have no qualms about using Sculptra in a different treatment area.

I hope this information helps and best of luck!

Previous
Sculptra assistance
Next
Sculptra nodules

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.