Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Sculptra and Bio-Alcamd

Hi Dr. Pierone, I am in Canada, I had a small amount of Bio-Alcamd put in under my eye area a couple of years ago. It is holding up well. I have however lost weight and more seems to have come off my face than my middle. I was wondering if it is possible to put Sculptra in another area of my face? It is in a different area than the Bio-Alcamid. Dose this set off any alarm bells,

thanks, W.

It is possible to use multiple facial fillers for treatment of facial lipoatrophy. I frequently combine Radiesse and Sculptra treatments and the results have been excellent.

The only concern with combining other fillers with Bio-Alcamid would be the potential to introduce an infection into the Bio-Alcamid implant. This occurs rarely, but it seems prudent to avoid layering another filler into the vicinity of Bio-Alcamid. In your situation, I would have no qualms about using Sculptra in a different treatment area.

I hope this information helps and best of luck!

Sculptra assistance
Sculptra nodules