Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Silskin & Medicare

Dr. Pierone - I have had some great results with the silskin treatments. I had tried several treatments with Sculptra and it did not work for me. As you know, the cost of these treatments is very high. I am considering another or perhaps two treatments. However, I may not be able to afford this. I recall reading sometime ago that Medicare was now paying for Sculptra. Do you know if they also cover patients with Medicare? That is my only insurance. I have Part A, B and D. I am also on the Caifornia ADAP program. Thank you very much. Neal

I am not aware of Medicare paying for Sculptra. There are a few insurance plans, notably Kaiser, that do pay for Sculptra, but otherwise most people rely on the patient assistance program.

Silskin is a form of silicone and is not approved for facial lipoatrophy and because of this would not be covered. But it is one of the effective treatments for facial lipoatrophy.

Thanks for posting and best of luck!

Sculptra bumps under eyes
lipoadystrophy