Facial WastingFacial Wasting

treatment abroad for lipodystrophy

iam still on this issue of body fat changes,iam presently experiecing body changes i had written earlier complaining of this and was advised to change stavudine to abacavir, my problem is that iam resident in nigeria west africa and getting abacavir is almost an impossible task. is it possible for me to get private treatment abroad possibly in uk or us,and how much will that cost me. will i be given a visa considering my status?

If it is available, tenofovir (Viread) is a better substitute for stavudine (Zerit) to help reverse facial lipoatrophy. Treatment abroad depends on what therapies are necessary for you. Medications for HIV are expensive and the cost continues indefinitely. Treatment with facial fillers depends on the country, product, and amount needed for correction. The regulations pertaining to visas are specific to the country you intend to visit and will need to researched on your part.

I hope this information helps and best of luck!

Fat accumulatioin other than facial
Follow-up ? on possible facial wasting