Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Can Glucophage help in fat accumulation ?

Dear Dr

Can Glucophage help in reducing body fat accumulation. I understand that renal functions and liver functions need to monitored if Glucophage is taken. I am borderline diabetic.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Glucophage (metformin) is used for diabetes mellitus or borderline diabetes and is often associated with modest weight loss. This weight loss tends to involve both visceral fat and superficial adipose tissue.

It has to be used with caution if there is decreased kidney function, although it is typically tolerated without much in the way of side effects.

Good luck!

Buffalo hump and big belly
Art blood lipid levels linked to lipodystrophy?