Can Glucophage help in fat accumulation ?
May 15, 2008
Can Glucophage help in reducing body fat accumulation. I understand that renal functions and liver functions need to monitored if Glucophage is taken. I am borderline diabetic.
Response from Dr. Pierone
Hello and thanks for posting.
Glucophage (metformin) is used for diabetes mellitus or borderline diabetes and is often associated with modest weight loss. This weight loss tends to involve both visceral fat and superficial adipose tissue.
It has to be used with caution if there is decreased kidney function, although it is typically tolerated without much in the way of side effects.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Swollen Lymph Nodes A Symptom Of HIV?
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Bacteria That Causes Hepatitis B
- Can Chlamydia Cause White Cell In Urine?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.