Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Chubby-Facial Wasting

Hi, my question is regarding dieting and facial wasting.I was diagnosed two years ago, started out with 150 cd4 count and viral load of 56,000.Ive been on Atripla for that two years and have remainged undetectable with a cd4 count now of 240-I am overweight 6ft 250,and want to cut back on calories and work out to look and feel better, but ive allready noticed some mild lipo in my face, will losing weight make this worse?

Hello and thanks for posting.

Therapeutic lifestyle modification is the term used for the combination of healthier eating and increased exercise and many studies have shown that this positive change translates into improved health.

Anyone who succeeds in losing a significant amount of weight will notice loss of facial fat as well. The overall heath benefits would far exceed this potential downside, so this should not dissuade you from embarking on the program. If noticeable lipoatrophy occurs it can be handled with facial fillers.

Good luck!

Side effects Stocrin & Kivexa
d4t for AZT?