Facial WastingFacial Wasting

No meds. Why facial wasting

I was diagnosed hiv+ 5/28/97. I was taking epivir and zerit until 11/24/00. I always tested below 50copies and cd-4 of 900. As of now with no meds. since I stopped, My most recent result's were 123 copies viral and 500+ cd-4. If I am staying healthy, Why do I still have facial wasting from when I was on meds? What can I do naturally that will bring my face back? I'm not bad looking, but my face is sunken while the rest of my body has come back remarkably (behind).

We don't really even know what causes facial lipoatrophy, although mitochondrial toxicity of fat cells probably plays an important role.

If you have been off medications for 7 years and there has been no improvement in your facial wasting then it seems unlikely that it will come back on its own. Treatment with one of the facial fillers is an option to bring your face back. But I suppose injection of foreign substances under the skin of the face to restore facial structure would not be considered natural. It is pretty damn unnatural when you think about it, but it certainly works.

It is great to see that your numbers remain terrific off antiretroviral therapy. Best of luck to you!

medications that cause facial wasting
Radiesse assistance program