Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Wasting on current regimen?

Hello, I am a Aids diagnosed female and I have been resistant to many medications. I am currently on Truvada, Isentress and Kaletra are any of these medications prone to face wasting (my biggest fear) I have noticed that I have developed quite a pot belly so also is that another side effect. Please Help

Hello and thanks for posting.

The regimen you are taking is not known for causing facial wasting. The protease inhibitors (Kaletra in your case) are the class of agents most closely tied in with development of abdominal lipohypertrophy (pot belly).

Depending on the resistance pattern of your virus and your overall situation (viral load, CD4+ lymphocyte count), it may be possible for you to transition to a PI-sparing regimen now or some time in the future.

Good luck!

Can lipodystrophy be reversed even with drug resistant virus?
Is there a way to remove internal fat deposition?