facial fat loss 4 months after infection
Apr 21, 2008
I was infected in January, currently not on treatment. Over the past few months, I have lost almost 8 pounds, my cheeks have sunken visibly. Is it normal to have facial lipoatrophy during the course of early hiv infection in treatment naive patients? I cannot tell if my cheeks are sinking because hic is causing lipoatrophy or I am just losing weight overall because of stress? Thanks very much for your valuable time.
Response from Dr. Pierone
Hello and thanks for posting.
It really is not common to have facial lipoatrophy early in the course of HIV infection. Weight loss due to stress and angst is quite common however. Hopefully things will improve with time.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Sore Throat?
- Diarrhea After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.