Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Want to reverse Sculptra

I had severe facial wasting and then had Sculptra injections with amazing results. The fat was never supposed to return. But then my health improved dramatically, and the fat did actually come back. I had a handsome face before, and now it looks like a huge oval obese person face on my very skinny body. There are ridges of skin where the Sculptra was injected and my whole face seems puffy. I am as embarrassed of my face now as I was when it was very sunken in. The maker of Sculptra has not returned any messages. Do you know if there is a way to reverse the effects of Sculptra other then facial surgery?

Hello and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate outcome with Sculptra.

I have a couple of thoughts on your problem. The first is whether you have gained too much overall weight and some of it is affecting your facial appearance. If so, some weight loss from a combination of diet and exercise may help.

The second comment is that Sculptra is not permanent, and so the effects should fade with time. I have seen patients with very visible and unsightly dermal nodules under their eyes as a result of Sculptra being injected in too shallow a location. But simply with the passage of time these nodules have softened up and eventually resolved. Based on these observations, I suspect your facial fullness will improve over time.

Let us know how things go and best of luck!

legs, thigh and butt wasting from meds?
What can I do about facial wasting?