Facial WastingFacial Wasting

legs, thigh and butt wasting from meds?

I was diagnosed in 1997. I was on a different Medication until 2004 they switched me to Trizivir and viramune 200 mg 1 tablet twice a day. I have lost alot of muscle in legs thighs and butt to the point that I only wear pants all the time. Do I need to switch my meds? I am very worried.

Hello and thanks for posting.

The use of Trizivir and Viramune is probably overkill unless you have virus with some drug resistance. There are no studies that demonstrate the superiority of 4 drug regimens over 3 drug regimens. The extra AZT is likely not necessary and is the prime culprit for your muscle loss. At this point in time Trizivir should be an historical footnote in the HIV treatment archives. So yes, it is time to change.

Good luck!

This concerns buttock wasting
Want to reverse Sculptra