Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Losing weight and Combivir?

I have been on Combivir and Sustiva for three years now ( ever since I started with meds) and this last year I have been slowly but steadly losing weight. Have gone from 185 to 175 and lots of people ask why I am so thin (6'2" tall)... Could it be my meds or other things causing this weight loss? I feel great otherwise....

Thanks so much for this forum. It really helps.

Dick

A number of studies have shown that the AZT component of Combivir is associated with progressive subcutaneous fat loss. This does not prove that this is the cause of your weight loss, but it would be number one on the list of possibilities. Switching Combivir for Truvada has been shown to reverse this loss of fat and lipoatrophy with time.

Thanks for posting and best of luck!

lipoatrophy and face lift remedy
Sustiva, Truvada and fat redistribution