Facial WastingFacial Wasting

What medications will allow me to avoid losing my face?

When i began a decision to take the medications recommended for me, i became aware that there was minor facial wasting, i became afraid of my cocktail and imediatley discontinued my medication after a month. I dont know what selections i have available to me since i became that the virus i had so happend to be resistant.Am i completly hopeless in the area of taking any medication that would not cause severe wasting and severe side affects ? I am only 19 and last time i checked my viral load was Apx.4500 and my t-cell count was 219. In the past my t-cell count had jumped from 220- 299 .. could it be possible for my body to somehow jump a little up the scale without medication? I am feeling sweeling of my lymphnodes around my genital area and around my neck but have managed to stay healty for the most part. At least I feel healthy enough not to take any medication. I havent gone back to the doctors but plan on going for a visit sometime this month. My current medications prescribed to be were.

azt, kaletra, and truvada!

i guess my resistance test recommended that i take these :(

is there anyhope for me in the future in regard to not loosing my attractiveness ?

Hello and thanks for posting.

It is common to see CD4 lymphocyte counts going up and down when off medications, although the overall trend is down.

AZT (zidovudine, Retrovir) is the medication that produces loss of subcutaneous fat and should be omitted in order to avoid facial lipoatrophy. There should be a reasonable regimen available to you even if your virus has some resistance. If you send details on previous resistance tests I can give you some ideas.

Good luck!

facial wasting on Combivir
fat accumulation