Facial WastingFacial Wasting

facial wasting on Combivir

I have been on various combinations of ARV's in the last few years however for the last ten months i was on Combivir and viramune. I have developed facial and butt wasting as well as a potbelly. My doctor has now switched my meds to viramune and truvada, will this help to eliminate the wasting? What else can i do to change this situation? PLEASE HELP!

Hello and thanks for posting. The change from Combivir to Truvada should help reverse the lipoatrophy and this may be the only action necessary. Studies have shown improved peripheral fat when this switch is made, especially if done early. An active treatment for the facial lipoatrophy would be injections with Sculptra and or Radiesse. Let us know how things go and best of luck!

Muscles wasting on AZT
What medications will allow me to avoid losing my face?