Jan 30, 2008
What I want to know is that I have a pot belly and my face is showing signs of lipo. If I do cardio for the fat in my belly will I loose fat also in my face.
Thank You Stan
Response from Dr. Henry
Exercise can variably decrease the amount of body fat in many patients. In the setting of HIV infection/treatment switching any contributing medications to more fat friendly meds is sometimes helpful (if that is an option). In the face the more common problem with fat is fat loss (lipoatrophy). Exercise does not usually increase the fat in the face if that is a part of a person's fat problem. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When You Have A Herpes Outbreak Do You Get A Sore Throat?
- When You Have A Herpes Break Out How Long Does It Take To Get Blisters?
- When You Get The Shingles Vaccine Can You Still Get An Outbreak?
- Vinegar And Water For Bacterial Vaginosis
- Effects Of Touching Genital Warts With A Finger
- Symptoms Of Advanced Syphilis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.