Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Is it possible?

Well, I suppose I shouldn't ask if it's possible, but if it's likely, that at 19 I could be experiencing facial lipoatrophy after only 11 months of HIV infection? (treatment naive, sorry, did not no what other forum to post this in).

And if so, is this a sign that the disease is progressing very rapidly?

Thank you.

Fat loss (lipoatrophy) has not generally been a specific feature of untreated HIV infection though general weight loss (including fat) can be a sign of advancing disease. If you CD4 count is reasonable (i.e. > 350) and you weight is stable then is it seems unlikely that the facial fat loss is due to HIV. That being said more information is needed on the evolution of fat distribution in untreated HIV infection since most information has come from studies of patients on treatment so I don't think we have the definitive answer on that topic. KH

What can I switch to after stopping d4t
Change of Therapy