Jul 5, 2006
Can I wear make-up after the treatment of Aquamid. If no, why? Reply ASAP. Thank you.
| Response from Dr. Conway
Aquamid is a polyacrylamide-based implant for the treatment of lipoatrophy. There is an excellent website, aquamid.com.
It is recommended that you not touch the area for 6 hours and not use make-up for 24 hours, to allow the area to settle and to reduce the risk of a post-operative infection (make-up could introduce foreign material under the skin in the operative area and lead to a significant infection). After 24 hours, keeping the area clean remains important for some time, and you need to be watchful in case an infection should develop. If it does, see your doctor immediately to start on appropriate antibiotics.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV Infection Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Diarrhea After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Kissing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.