Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Will i get lipo in my face also?

I herd pepole loose weight from weight, suffer from lipo in face. that's scared me most. i suffer from lipo although i no longer takes zerit for 2 years now(take videx and stokrin + viread) cause i have ressistanse for all other meds... Now-my lipo continues, i haveskinny legs and arms, huge belly and not bot,i have fat in the back also and neck. is that mean i will loose fat in my face also? cause this will break me totaly. i started with meds when i had cd4=0,and now i read that this is the main reason for my lipo. so what u actually say no matter what i do my lipo will continue? what hope is this? i am so frustrate! what else can be done?

As you mention, besides certain HIV meds other factors (such as length of time with HIV, a lower CD4 count when first started on treatment)seem to influence fat re-distribution. This is an extremely frustrating topic which is getting lots of research attention so hopefully better treatments will evolve from a better understanding of fat cell metabolism/function. Uridine supplements are under evaluation as a means to increase fat (data limited). For the face many patients turn to relatively xpensive plastic surgery (often in the $5000.00 range for treatment). It is worth noting that prior to effective HIV therapy many if not most AIDS patients suffered from nutritional problems/wasting prior to death with loss of fullness from face and extremities (often involving both muscle and fat) so this issue has been central to the challanges posed by AIDS from the beginning. KH

Pancreas
Lipo suction at the abdominal