The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Facial WastingFacial Wasting
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary


Feb 16, 2005

Dear Dr. Where can you find out information in your area about which doctors perform this treatment for you? There is no information on the Sculptra website concerning this. I am mainly looking in the Northern VA area. Thanks

Response from Dr. Conway

Sculptra is now approved in the United States for the treatment of HIV-associated lipoatrophy. If you go to and type in your zip code, it should get you a list of plastic surgeons and others (if they choose to advertise there) who use Sculptra. I would then cross-check your list with your local AIDS Service Organization to find out if they have actually done the procedure, how often and what results they have obtained. When you finally go to see the doctor, be sure to ask for "before and after" pictures of individuals with a condition similar to your own to get a clear idea of what you can expect for yourself from this doctor.

Good Luck...

night sweats
RE: Your response

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint