Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

RE: lipo hell
Feb 5, 2004

thank you for responding to my initial question about why some people get lipo and others don't. you listed a few factors that are posibilities ie. lowest cd4, age, aids diagnosis. I take it that you mean having a lower cd4 and being older would possibly predispose a person to lipo? I also should have been more clear in my definition of lipo, as in atrophy(more fat loss) not dystrophy. What is very odd for me is that of the individuals I had been refering to as being on notoriously bad meds and experiencing no lipo whatsoever, all had very low inital cd4 counts ( some with aids diagnosis) and their ages are all well below thirty. I do not understand why they wouldn't get lipo when I got lipo having a higher cd4 and being on better meds, Oh, and younger as well.

sorry to ramble on but this just drives me nuts!

Response from Dr. Moyle

Yes I was referring to atrophy mainly. Older age and lower T cells are risks that have been suggested in some studies. Risk is relative not absolute....you can have lots of risk factors but not get it, have none but get it regards graeme moyle

Previous
Results of insulin resistance test you suggested
Next
New fill or Bio Alchamid

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.