Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Facial WastingFacial Wasting

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Facial Wasting Solutions with Bio-Alcamid
Jan 21, 2004

Dear Dr. Moyle: I have been reviewing this site, and have seen a number of posts on the subject of facial wasting. First I'd like to say that I had 40 cc of Bio-Alcamid implanted in my face over two years ago at Clinic'estetica in Tijuana, Mexico. I was so excited about the results and wanting to share this with others, I asked Fred Walters at the Houston Buyers Club if I could have a web page on his site to post my before and after photos to share with others. These can be viewed at www.houstonbuyersclub.com

That was back in 2001. This past August 2003, I came to California to help at the clinic in Tijuana because I was so impressed with their dedication in helping with this life-changing side effect of our disease and medications.

Bio-Alcamid is capable of filling severely atrophied faces because it is safe to inject large quantities in a single session. As I said, my face has 40 cc, and today is as plump as when it was injected.

I would like to invite you to visit the clinic so you can see a procedure first hand.

In reviewing posts here, I see that a patient at Clinic'estetica posted his email offering to share his photo. We are happy that he was so pleased.

Also, anyone wanting more information on this can contact me at ellen@clinicestetica.com

So many people come to the clinic relating stories of their doctors telling them that they should be happy that their viral load is down and that they should not be concerned about sunken cheeks. I can say as a person who had pretty bad wasting that doctors like that are not considering the impact of our self-esteem on our well-being. The clinic also gets many people who would lose their jobs if their status is disclosed by the "AIDS LOOK" --

Facial atrophy is not something we should be expected to live with and be happy because our T cells are up. This CAN be fixed.

Sincerely, Ellen Hahn

Response from Dr. Moyle

Thanks Ellen

Previous
New-Fill versus Bio-Alkamid
Next
Changing From Oxandrin to Androgel?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.