|discordant lesbian couple
Jul 23, 2001
Greetings. I just read Sowadsky's articles on neg/pos lesbian couples but can't find him available here. Anyway, I'm the negative one with a 17year positive wonderful lesbian.(bad needle use) and I totally love and admire her. It took me a lot of talking to get thru my fears and lack of education, but the golden wisdom and strength that this woman has, much of it because of her health status, is a gift. Granted, the years she put in on aids awareness, needle exchanges and public talks made getting into the relationship easier since she had heard just about all the responses out there and required me to be totally honest and up front about all my feelings. So no question, just a story about how hiv can deepen the negative partner's commitment to honesty, respect, and love.
Response from Dr. Remien
Thank you for sharing this story. I am glad to post this so that others can read it and perhaps be inspired by your words.
my friend is pregnant to a man with AIDS
He has AIDS not me
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Cold Feet After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.