Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

discordant lesbian couple

Greetings. I just read Sowadsky's articles on neg/pos lesbian couples but can't find him available here. Anyway, I'm the negative one with a 17year positive wonderful lesbian.(bad needle use) and I totally love and admire her. It took me a lot of talking to get thru my fears and lack of education, but the golden wisdom and strength that this woman has, much of it because of her health status, is a gift. Granted, the years she put in on aids awareness, needle exchanges and public talks made getting into the relationship easier since she had heard just about all the responses out there and required me to be totally honest and up front about all my feelings. So no question, just a story about how hiv can deepen the negative partner's commitment to honesty, respect, and love.

Response from Dr. Remien

Thank you for sharing this story. I am glad to post this so that others can read it and perhaps be inspired by your words.

my friend is pregnant to a man with AIDS
He has AIDS not me