Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

Oral sex

Hello My boyfriend is hiv pos, and me myself am neg. woman. My question consernes oral sex, where me, and neg. woman is the one receiving. What are the risks here? I've understood i'm only beeing exposed to saliva here....Is that safe? Thank you!

Response from Dr. Remien

I know of no cases of HIV transmission from a man who is HIV+ to a woman who is HIV- by his performing oral sex on her. That does not mean there are guarrantees on the matter. It is theoretically possible but very unlikely to happen. You should ask this same question of a health care provider that you trust. You may also want to visit the website of the Safe Sex Prevention and Transmission Forum on this website of The Body. You will find questions and answers related to your question.

Good relationship but fear of infection
Scared out of my min