Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

I am worried

My husband has tested positive seven months ago. We have been together for four years and used unprotected sex. I have tested negative. I waited again five months after our last intercourse and still tested negative. We have not have intercourse since for i am so afraid. I am worried that i may be positive and has not shown yet. Any advice?

Response from Dr. Remien

There is no real reason for you to worry so much about being infected if you have already tested negative twice and have not continued any risk behavior. In almost all cases of HIV infection antibodies appear within 6 months (usually they appear within 3 months). However, there is no absolute guarrantee. You may want to test again in a couple of months, but then you really should be reassured. If you continue to find yourself worried you may want to speak to a therapist about it.

scared to infect
Sex, and a hiv poz parter...