The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Looking For +/- Support Group
Nov 2, 1999

I am + and have been dating someone for the last 5 months who is -. Yesterday I learned about the Couples Project, only to find out today that the project has ended. Where can I turn for support with my boyfriend as we face the future. How can we start a support group or meet other couples dealing with our same issues? I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Remien

It is true that the Couples Project - as a research project - has ended. However, the program was intended to continue at the community based organization Body Positive, in New York. Body Positive was a collaborater in the research. The organization has always offered groups for couples and specifically will continue to provide the mixed status couples group program that was developed through our collaboration. If you live in New York City you should contact Body Positive - telephone # is 212-566-7333. If you are not in New York I suggest you contact a local community based organization that provides services for people living with HIV and ask for a group for mixed status couples. If they do not already provide this service enourage them to start such a group.

Good luck. Mixed status couples need not be closeted nor isolated - it is important to meet and talk with others in the same situation.

Former Blood drinker concerned about infection
scared to infect

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint