Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

Thank you

I saw your reply to " Matter of time " and I knew i had to write you my reply. Dr Remien, i thank you from the bottom of my heart for your answer to her and especially the very last lines of it. I am an HIV neg woman living with an HIV-pos man. I fell in love with him knowing he was pos. and it didnt stop me from wanting something more. I'm so happy it didnt because i have found the most wonderful relationship with him. We live like any other couple : we make love, laugh, cry, argue, and make up...most importantly we LIVE. We're extremely careful about me not getting infected, but we do not let the fear of that or the uncertainty of life control our life. Someone might call me blinded with love, but i personally belive my fiance and i will have a LONG future together, and do not see anything blind about it. We're getting engaged and married soon and plan on having a baby too. I'd like to encourage anyone HIV neg who is involved with an HIV-pos person to follow their heart and do what feels right. This is the year 2000 - filled with hope!!

Dr Remien, could you please give me any information about sperm wash? Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you. - Laura

Response from Dr. Remien

Dear Laura - Thank you very much for your letter. I am glad to hear that you are allowing yourselves to live "fully," in spite of the challenges you face. I hope your words about your experience will be helpful to others as well.

I receive many questions about "sperm washing." Unfortunately I am not a medical doctor and cannot offer any more information than what I have been able to do before on this forum. Please refer to the many questions that have been asked in the past and the answers I have given. Please also see the following question and answer from another expert forum on this website Ready to procreate

Good luck!

Pos. Infidelity
kids