Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

just found out how to tell partner

I am in a one year relationship with a man that I love very much. I just had a hiv test and I tested positive. I have not told my partner yet. We have had many conversations about hiv and he has said that he doesn't want to be with someone who is positive what do I do? I love him very much and do not want to lose him.

Response from Dr. Remien

I think it is clear that at some point you will have to tell him, as difficult and frightening as that might be. It would indeed be unfortunate if he were to end the relationship because of this, but if that is the case, it seems to me that you would want to know this sooner, rather than later.

How can I tell?
Indirect Transfer of Body Fluid.. How Much at Risk?