Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

Yeast infection from kissing?

I've heard that people who are HIV-positive are subject to a number of yeast infections. My partner is positive; I'm negative. We have been together for over a year and for most of that time I've had an upset stomach with excess gas and occasional diarrhea. Whenever we're apart for a while, this clears up. When we get back together, the upset stomach returns. Is it possible that some yeast infection is being transmitted to me by kissing? What can I do about it? Thank you.

Response from Dr. Remien

You may want to submit this question to The Body's Forum on HIV and Oral Health. As a psychologist, I would also recommend that you consider the possibility that the symptoms you describe are associated with anxiety or stress.

poz chick -- neg chick -- oral sex
HIV - and dealing with anger and viagra