Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

hernias and HIV in males...is it common

Doctor, Please answer this question. My wife is HIV positive and I'm negative. Recently, I developed what I think might be a hernia from picking up my 2 year old daughter. I have not had a test in about 2 years. I know it's time to get another test done. My question is...Are hernias common in males with HIV? Please answer. It is very important. I check everyday waiting for your reply. Thanks. AR

Response from Dr. Remien

While I am not a medical doctor I do feel confident enough to offer you my opinion on your question. There is no good reason to expect any relationship between HIV infection and hernias in men. An HIV- man is just as kikely as an HIV+ man to get a hernia from physical exertion. However, since I am not a physician, I do encourage you to pose your question to a medical doctor.

Where has my sex drive gone?
Stopping Therapy: New Questions Arise