Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

hetrosexuality

I have been reading The Body, since I found out about it. My husband was dianosed full blown AIDS in '97. But why is there never an article for us? for hetrosexuals and/or living with AIDS?

Response from Dr. Pavia

As someone who has cared for people of every gender, race and orientation, I think it is hard for everyone to find a community of people who seem to be like-minded souls. This affects straight HIV+ women, gay men, straight HIV+ men, and partners. I hope you feel you find good information on the Body and on other web sites that is useful to you as a heterosexual couple, particularly in the women's section. I have a feeling that less information is available for uninfected partners, regardless of orientation.

Many of the HIV web sites and magazines are founded by gay men, who have been affected by the epidemic for longer and have taken the lead in activism. This does lead to an emphasis on issues that are important to the founders. Keep looking and you should find information that you need.

I will leave this for others to answer as well. Take care

ATP

Question About High AST Levels
Vaccines