Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hetrosexuality
Apr 11, 2001

I have been reading The Body, since I found out about it. My husband was dianosed full blown AIDS in '97. But why is there never an article for us? for hetrosexuals and/or living with AIDS?

Response from Dr. Pavia

As someone who has cared for people of every gender, race and orientation, I think it is hard for everyone to find a community of people who seem to be like-minded souls. This affects straight HIV+ women, gay men, straight HIV+ men, and partners. I hope you feel you find good information on the Body and on other web sites that is useful to you as a heterosexual couple, particularly in the women's section. I have a feeling that less information is available for uninfected partners, regardless of orientation.

Many of the HIV web sites and magazines are founded by gay men, who have been affected by the epidemic for longer and have taken the lead in activism. This does lead to an emphasis on issues that are important to the founders. Keep looking and you should find information that you need.

I will leave this for others to answer as well. Take care

ATP

Previous
Question About High AST Levels
Next
Vaccines

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.