Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

if undetected..

I am a female whose viral load is undetected, how easy is it for me to pass the virus to my partner?

Response from Dr. Remien

It is generally true that a lower viral load is associated with a reduced likelihood of HIV transmission. However, virus remains present in blood and genital secretions and it is important to maintain safer sex practices regardless of most recent viral load tests. Also, keep in mind that viral load tests can fluctuate a great deal from test to test, from day to day; and the viral load of blood (test done in your doctor's office) and viral load of the genital tract can be very different.

Diverticulosis
lubricants