Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

scratch in my lip

hi i have a bad lip chap and i had oral sex with my gf who's HIV+ so my question is how high is my risk of getting HIV from that unprotected relation?? in the saturday morning it was bleeding and, when we had sex like at 12am sunday, it wasn't, so wut are the chances pls answer me

Response from Dr. Remien

You are describing what most would consider to be a relatively low risk scenario. However, when you have "slips" or unprotected sexual risk occasions with your HIV+ partner you should try to speak directly with a physician. Ideally you would have a conversation about these things with your and/or your girlfriend's physician before hand and you should develop a plan for what to do when a real exposure risk happens. Please read Questions and Answers on this Forum about Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) and risk of HIV transmission associated with different behaviors on the Transmission Risk Forum.

a game of chance
room mates who don't know