Sep 21, 2006
I don't know for sure the HIV status of my ex boyfriend, but if he were to be positive, is it considered to be a high risk factor if the condom breaks between two gay men but the penis is pulled out immediately and a new condom is applied?
Response from Dr. Remien
The way you describe it makes it sound like an unlikely risk scenario. There are no guarantees, but this should not be an episode that should cause a great deal of anxiety. With that said, you can only know for sure by following up with appropriate testing.
Girlfriend just tested HIV+ and is pushing me away.
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Headache?
- Loose Stool After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
- Over The Counter Drugs For Chlamydia
- Std Cause A Rash Around Mouth And Nose
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.