|Frequency of testing in serodiscordant couple
Mar 29, 2006
I am seronegative and my boyfriend is seropositive. How often do you recommend I have testing done to make sure I have not converted?
Response from Dr. Remien
The answer to this question really depends on your specific behaviors - risk and frequency of potential exposure to infection. Most people in your situation tend to get tested every six months or once a year. My suggestion is that you speak with your physician and or an HIV test counselor to try to assess what makes the most sense for you and your situation.
HIV+ husband coming back
+ partner losing his mind..what to do?
- Burning Penis After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.