Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

Can you get HIV from someone who tested negative?

I have a gay friend who was involved in a relationship with a married man for a few years, The married man he was involved with later died of aids. As it turned out the married man who died of aids had also had am ongoing relationship with another married man for close to 20 years durring the same time frame, and when he died of aids the other married man he was involved with blamed my gay friend for infecting him. However, my gay friend has tested negative 3 times since then in a years period. So my question is; Even though my gay friend tested negative is there any chance he could have carried the virus somehow and infected this married man?

Response from Dr. Remien

HIV cannot be transmitted by someone who is not infected him or herself.

mixed positive/negative relation
what are my chances of being negative?