|Can I have a baby?
Oct 23, 2005
Im HIV positive. My boyfriend is negative. Can I have a baby with him?
Response from Dr. Remien
I'm not very clear exactly what you are asking. Women who are HIV+ can certainly get pregnant and have babies. If her partner is not infected and they are trying to get pregnant via sex, then he is at risk for becoming infected. And if an HIV+ woman becomes pregnant, the infant is at risk for becoming infected, either during pregnancy, during childbirth, or via breast milk. There are ways of reducing the risk of HIV transmission to your partner and the baby. This should all be discussed with your physician.
Taking Truvada and Sustiva together at bedtime
Hep C & Radiation
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- What Kind Of Medication Does A Doctor Prescribe For Shingles?
- What Is The Difference Between Herpes Igg And Igm?
- What Else Causes Genital Warts Other Then Hpv?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Symptoms Of Genital Warts In Throat
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.