Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

what does h.i.v antibodies means does it really exist?

dear sir i stay with my xfiance for a year and she have been tested positive and am negative we never make love with condom my doctor say i have and h.i.v antibodies pls does any thing exise as h.i.v antibodies? does it mean am h.i.v positive?

Response from Dr. Remien

I do not know what your doctor is trying to communicate to you. When someone is infected with HIV they develop antibodies to the virus. That is what is meant by being HIV+. It generally takes a few weeks to 3 months for someone to develop antibodies after being infected.

If for some reason he is talking about an immunity to HIV, that is very rare and antibody would be the incorrect word to use.

I strongly suggest that you go back to your doctor and ask all of the questions you need to ask so that you fully understand what he is telling you.

And in the meantime, protection should be used during sex.

am positive can my fiace be affected
HIV immunity ....is there such a thing?