Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

Recov AIDS patient life expectancy

I am HIV negative, dating a recoving AIDS patient, whose T-cell count has been about 400 for the last 3 years. I am in love this with this person and want to spend my future with this person, but I'm scared of the unknown and the possibility of him getting sick in the near future. I know you can't predict his life expectancy, but could you elaborate on a the situation of a recovering AIDS patient who is back up to a higher level of T-cells and is living a healthy life and is whose body is responding quite well to the medication. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Remien

All of the things you mention in describing this man's condition should give you good reason to feel optimistic about continued and future health for him. If he is responsive to the medication, living a healthy life style, and has rising T-cells, then there is good reason to believe this will continue for a long time. And of course it will be important for him to monitor his immune system and work closely with his physician. As you say, nobody can predict the future nor provide guarantees. The uncertainty associated with this and many other diseases can be difficult to live with, but again, your situation looks to be optimistic.

test
How can i help negative partner's with his excessive fears?